What is the expanded form of the term ‘Bit’?
A. Binary Information Token
B. Basic Information Transfer
C. Binary Digit
D. Byte Initiation Tag
More Details on Binary Digit
- A Binary Digit or Bit is the smallest unit of data in computing and digital communication.
- It can have one of two values, typically represented as 0 or 1, reflecting the binary system’s base-2 nature.
- Bits are fundamental in computer architecture and digital information processing.
- Multiple bits are grouped to represent more complex data, such as bytes, which consist of 8 bits.
- The binary system is the foundation of digital computing, where various combinations of 0s and 1s are used to encode and represent all kinds of information.
- Bits are integral to tasks like data storage, data transmission, and logical operations in computers.
- They enable the representation of numbers, text, images, and more through binary encoding.